- February 21, 2022
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: Support Team
Brazilian Waxing (History, Procedure, Pros & Potential Risk)
Brazilian Waxing is one of the types of waxing where most of the body hair, including some parts of facial hair, from below the neck area to the bottom of the feet area. One of the best options to rid of unwanted hair is to perform Brazilian Waxing. Waxing is the process of getting rid of unwanted hair. The decision to do waxing is truly on personal preferences. Most people do waxing to have fresh, smooth, and clear skin. The properly waxed skin creates a feeling of freshness, clearity and cleanliness.
A Brazilian waxing entails removing all pubic hair from beneath and leaving some hair in the front for decoration, maybe in the shape of a triangle, a narrow “landing strip,” or a heart, depending on the customer’s preferences. You have the freedom to have everything you want. Most people would wonder that Brazilian Wax came from Brazil, but it came from the beauty salon in New York City. The Brazilian Wax became popular in the early 90s by Jonice Padilha, one of the sisters who established J Sisters Salon in Manhattan, New York.
Procedures involved in Brazilian Waxing
Before performing any sort of waxing, you need to ensure that you are ready to get it done. Educating yourself about the pros and cons and the standard and safety procedures is a must. There are three phases to be done in order to complete the Brazilian Waxing Successfully. They are Preparation Phase, Waxing Phase, and After waxing Phase.
Preparation is essential for brazialian waxing because waxing can lead to skin irritation and infections. Therefore, the preparation phase is crucial to avoid any potential risk and casualties.
After being ready to perform Brazilian Waxing, one should follow these preparation phase instructions:
- Make sure your hair is at least 14 inches long — roughly the size of a grain of rice — before you start. If it’s longer than 12 inches, you may want to trim it somewhat to improve the wax grip.
- To assist in avoiding ingrown hairs, exfoliate gently with a buffing mitt or washcloth a few days before your visit.
- It’s best to avoid tanning for at least 24 hours before your visit because it can make your skin more sensitive.
- On the day before your appointment, limit your intake of alcohol and caffeine. Both of these things can clog your pores and make waxing more uncomfortable.
- Wear breathable cotton underwear or loose bottoms to your appointment for the best comfort.
- To help with pain, take an over-the-counter pain killer 30 minutes before your visit.
The waxing phase is also known as the actual waxing phase, where the primary operations of waxing processes are involved. The waxing phase can be painful but worth it for those who are expecting fresh, smooth and clear skin. The procedures involved in this phase are executed following standardized steps and patterns to ensure safe and sound waxing.
The following procedures are followed during the waxing phase:
- Our wax specialist will ask you to strip down to your underwear and climb upon the table.
- Before doing anything, our technician will most likely ask you for your preferences. They will ask you if you want a bikini line wax, a full bikini, a full Brazilian, or any remaining hair strips.
- The technician will then clean the area to ensure that the Wax has a clean surface to adhere to.
- After cleaning the region, We will apply a pre-wax treatment, which is commonly oil or powder, to preserve the skin.
- Then there’s the waxing! Our technician will either use paper or a cloth to remove your hair, depending on the type of Wax. Smaller strips will be in use beneath and around the anus, whereas larger strips will be in use on the pubic bone’s front.
- In case of missed hairlines, our specialist will remove them with the help of tweezers.
- Ultimately, they will apply a serum or ointment to the region to alleviate inflammation and prevent ingrown hairs.
After Waxing Phase
This is the final phase during the overall operation of Brazilian Waxing. The final waxing phase is to care and protect the skin from potential damage. The skin undergoes so many steps and hurdles from the preparation phase to the actual waxing phase, so there is a need to ensure the richness and beauty of one’s body.
The following instructions are followed during the after waxing phase:
- We will make sure you’re treating the region with a bit extra TLC than usual right after the completion of the waxing phase session.
- We will apply hydrocortisone cream or a cool compress to any pain, redness, or discolouration.
- For at least 24 hours, refrain from sexual activity because engaging in sexual contact won’t let any microtears heal.
- Avoid physically rigorous activities for 24 hours after the waxing session.
- A shower is okay, but applying soap or body wash might irritate the skin.
- Avoid sun tanning. The deep exfoliation in the sun might cause damage in the pubic region.
Benefits of Brazilian Waxing
There are several astonishing pros of Brazilian Waxing. As we all know, waxing is a kind of exfoliation resulting in smooth skin. The American Academy of Dermatology states that this kind of exfoliation eradicates dead skin cells from the top layer of skin to enhance collagen production and encapsulate the effectiveness of topical treatment. This sort of unwanted hair removal is also less irritable to the skin. If the waxing process is operated following the standardized procedure with safety protocol, then the bumps, rashes and other kinds of irritation can be avoided to a greater extent. In addition, waxing pulls off the hair right from the root level, so the regrown hairs are more soft and delicate than the previous one, making it easier to do the waxing process next time.
Potential Risk of Brazilian Waxing
Like any other hair removal method, waxing also has potential side effects. This is because the hair gets pulled out directly from its root during waxing. As a result, redness, discolouration or bumps might occur. To deal with those side effects, one should apply lotions or serum in the waxed region for quick healing.